This game looks great! I loved mobility and I'm really excited to play this game! I'll buy it asap, 'cause this looks wild!
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Fake Illusions is a collection of optical illusions—but some of them are not playing fair! Where some lines only look diagonal, one line actually is, and circles look like they differ in size, but secretly, one of them is bigger or smaller, camouflaged by the illusion. It's your job to point them out! But beware—the fakers will do everything to stay unnoticed... It's the ultimate test of your focus!
Featuring ten different versions of famous illusions like the Hermann Grid or Müller-Lyer arrows, each with a number of variants and distractions, for a total of 50 levels! If that's not enough, try the relaxing Zen mode or the hectic Shuffle mode. You can play it together too: as long as everyone can see your screen, you can use the number each illusion is tagged with to discuss and accuse fakers. You can even export your favorite puzzles as a GIF after solving!
Fake Illusions was made by solo developer Auroriax (best known for Mobility! The accessible precision platformer). Want to try the game? The @FakeIllusionBot tweets a puzzle from the game every day! (There's also a presskit.)
This game features optical illusions, repeating patterns, and high contrast images. If you start feeling sick or dizzy while playing, stop immediately.
- Epilepsy warning: This game features optical illusions, repeating patterns, and high contrast images. If you start feeling sick or dizzy while playing, stop immediately.
- Color blind friendly: the game uses only greyscale, red and green colors, with adjustable brightness. Some illusions require you to spot differences between colors, but these can be skipped.
- Textless: Very little reading is required to play Fake Illusions.
- Autosave: Quit the game at any time and continue exactly where you left off next time you play.
- Difficulty: The game is designed to be difficult but fair. You can also set the "fake" illusion to be easier to harder or spot in the settings. This is also indicated with a smiley in the interface.
- Controls: Completely playable with just the mouse and left mouse button.
|Release date||68 days ago|
|Author||Auroriax (Tom H.)|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Audacity|
|Tags||2D, Difficult, GameMaker, Grayscale, Minimalist, Singleplayer, weird|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial, One button, Textless|
|Links||Steam, Steam, Twitter|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Fake Illusions has been released!68 days ago
- Frequently Asked Questions74 days ago
- Steam page live, launching next month!Jul 16, 2020
- 06: PolishJun 03, 2020
- Fake Illusions teaser trailer!Apr 01, 2020
- 05: The Countours illusion!Mar 14, 2020
- 04: Updated progression & a Twitter bot!Feb 21, 2020
- 03: Anomalous MotionJan 22, 2020