Fake Illusions (Devlog)
A downloadable game
Fake Illusions is a collection of optical illusions—but some of them are not playing fair! Where some lines only look diagonal, one line actually is, and circles look like they differ in size, but secretly, one of them is bigger or smaller, camouflaged by the illusion. It's your job to point them out! But beware—the fakers will do everything to stay unnoticed... It's the ultimate test of your focus!
Featuring ten different versions of famous illusions like the Hermann Grid or Müller-Lyer arrows, each with a number of variants and distractions, for a total of 50 levels! If that's not enough, try the relaxing Zen mode or the hectic Shuffle mode! You can play it together too: as long as everyone can see your screen, you can use the number each illusion is tagged with to discuss and accuse fakers. You can even export your favorite puzzles as a GIF after solving!
This game features optical illusions, repeating patterns, and high contrast images. If you start feeling sick or dizzy while playing, stop immediately.
- Epilepsy warning: This game features optical illusions, repeating patterns, and high contrast images. If you start feeling sick or dizzy while playing, stop immediately.
- Color blind friendly: the game uses only greyscale, red and green colors, with adjustable brightness. Some illusions require you to spot differences between colors, but these can be skipped.
- Textless: Very little reading is required to play Fake Illusions.
- Autosave: Quit the game at any time and continue exactly where you left off next time you play.
- Difficulty: The game is designed to be difficult but fair. You can also set the "fake" illusion to be easier to harder or spot in the settings. This is also indicated with a smiley in the interface.
- Controls: Completely playable with just the mouse and left mouse button.
- Steam page live, launching next month!27 days ago
- 06: Polish69 days ago
- Fake Illusions teaser trailer!Apr 01, 2020
- 05: The Countours illusion!Mar 14, 2020
- 04: Updated progression & a Twitter bot!Feb 21, 2020
- 03: Anomalous MotionJan 22, 2020
- 02: The Level SelectNov 04, 2019
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.